Joe Steinberg counsels advocacy and charitable organizations, labor unions, political organizations, political professionals, and other firm clients on lobbying, campaign finance, ethics, tax, and corporate matters.
Mr. Steinberg brings clients substantive expertise, political acumen, and practical experience, having worked as a legislative counsel at a nonprofit organization and having clerked for a federal appellate court judge. During law school, he was Editor-in-Chief of Law & Inequality: A Journal of Theory and Practice, and he currently serves on the journal’s Alumni Advisory Board.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. magna cum laude, 2009
- Wesleyan University, B.A. with honors, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Prior Professional Experience:
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Morgan Christen, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Legislative Counsel, Alliance for Justice